California Transparency in Supply Chains Act (Law effective January 1, 2012)
In compliance with the California Transparency in Supply Chains Act, the efforts of Barkman Honey to eradicate slavery and human trafficking from our direct supply chain for tangible goods offered for sale are outlined below:
- All organizations that supply components and raw materials directly to Barkman Honey for incorporation into our finished goods are required to provide documentation demonstrating compliance with all applicable labor laws, including those pertaining to slavery and human trafficking.
- Barkman Honey personnel routinely analyze the abilities of suppliers to maintain compliance with Barkman Honey standards for the ethical production of high quality goods. To date, Barkman Honey has not identified any supplier with any practices appearing to threaten our ethical standards regarding slavery and human trafficking. Further, no honey production in any country has been identified in the U.S. Department of Labor’s List of Goods Produced by Child Labor or Forced Labor.
- High-risk suppliers undergo announced targeted audits by Barkman Honey personnel to evaluate supplier compliance with company standards. When necessary, those audits can include inspections and interviews regarding slavery and human trafficking.
- Barkman Honey is committed to partnering with our suppliers to maintain irreproachable standards across our supply chain. Any supplier found failing to maintain Barkman Honey criteria receives increased scrutiny and coaching in company standards and expectations. In the event that a supplier is unwilling or unable to meet expectations after such intervention, the supplier may be dropped from our supply chain.
- Team members that manage relationships with our suppliers have been trained to be watchful of slavery and human trafficking risks within the supply chains for our products. Employees found failing to meet company expectations regarding these practices receive targeted coaching. Failure to respond satisfactorily to this coaching can result in termination.